Clear Bag Policy
Empower Field at Mile High clear bag policy
Empower Field at Mile High encourages fans not to bring any bags, however, the following will be permitted. One clear bag no larger than 12" by x 6" x 12" OR a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). In addition, fans may carry a small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5" x 4.5", with or without a strap. Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag, however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small cameras, binoculars, and cell phones may be carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Only one piece foam seat cushions with no cover are permitted as long as they do not exceed 18 inches wide.
There are no provisions to check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car, if they have not entered the stadium, or dispose of prohibited items at the gate. The Denver Broncos and the stadium are not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
Should your personal items or bags not adhere to the NFL Bag Policy / Prohibited Items list, Binbox Lockers will be on-site outside of Gate 2 on the Gateway Plaza to provide a bag check for a fee and secure your personal items.
The Denver Broncos and Empower Field at Mile High are not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
Tips & Recommendations
When arriving at the stadium gates, fans will pass through two security checks. At the first, which is a short distance from the gate, staff will visually check the size and type of all bags being carried in to ensure they meet NFL requirements.
At the second security check, located at the gate itself, the contents of all bags will be searched and all fans will be subject to screening via metal detector.
To speed the process prior to arriving at the first security check:
- Make sure that any bags being carried in meet NFL guidelines.
- Remove any jackets or other large, bulky items from your bag and carry these in hand. When the contents of your bag are clearly visible staff can screen bags without requiring any contents to be removed. If blankets or other items conceal the contents of a bag, staff must request that they be removed in order for screening to take place, delaying the process.
- For screening with the metal detector, remove any keys, coins, or other metal objects from your pockets and hold these in hand.
- Any bags which do not meet the clear bag policy guidelines.
- Seat cushions measuring larger than 18" and contain zippers, pockets or concealable areas.
- Glass bottles, cans, frozen drinks of any type, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests.
- Alcohol of any kind.
- Banners, signs or flags of any size.
- Large golf-sized umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs.
- Single-purpose video cameras.
- Weapons (including knives), any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by stadium management.
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal.
- Electric or battery-operated apparel, including but not limited to blankets, socks, coats, etc.
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management.
The Following Items are Permitted into the Stadium
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag.
- Non-alcoholic beverages in a factory-sealed bottle, however, frozen drinks (water, etc) are not permitted.
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case.
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched.